Sunday, October 20, 2013

CaptureYourGrief. Day 20. Hope

I hope that mothers facing this tragedy have supportive doctors, nurses, midwives, and doulas.  I hope that the tragedy they face is not compounded by the medical community - but that their anguish is soothed by the support of people who participate in the birth and loss of their child.

I hope that these parents reach out to others in this community. That they, from day one, do not feel alone - but know that they are surrounded and supported by people who grieve for and with them.

I hope they are able to look past the hurtful words and pathetic cliches that people will use, and be able to draw close to those who truly support their needs through this time.

I hope they are able to count on their families, so they do not experience those secondary losses we are all so familiar with.

I hope they have no regrets about the decisions they make for their child and for themselves. That they remember to be kind to themselves about decisions that have to be made quickly and in the midst of great hurt.

I hope that each and every one of these families find hope in the darkness. Their own tenacious hope...in something. Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment