Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What's the plan, Stan? Tell me, NOW!

So, the question has been asked....Why Manifest Destiny?

I'm not sure I can wrap that one up in a pretty bow, but I'll try.

Surely you remember Junior High & High School History. Manifest Destiny - the idea that the western expansion of the United States was inevitable, an absolutely accepted and beauteous thing that couldn't be questioned.

For me, the last few years have been one long bewildered question for God: What the heck is going on?

And, as I drove westward for our epic move, I felt some of that same inevitability that the idea of Manifest Destiny gave a nation. I felt...pushed by God. Like he was standing behind me with his hand on the small of my back.

"Go on, Ginger," I heard him say. "You have to do this."

"But....I DON'T WANT TO!"

And God said, "So?"

So, I started to wonder. Is this move, this place....is everything - part of the plan?



    

1 comment: